6 Duck Eggs
375ml Chinese Marinade
2 tbsp Sugar
4 tbsp Flour
Tealeaves of your choice. We used Lapsang Suchong for added smokiness.
1. Mix Chinese marinade together with 100ml water, set aside.
2. Fill pot with cold water and insert eggs. Cook on high heat until water is boiled. Turn down to medium heat and continue to cook for another 3.5 minutes, make sure to continuously stir so that the eggs receive heat evenly. Timing is key to attain the runny texture of the yolk so be careful not to overcook.
3. Take out the eggs and cool under running water. Peel off shell.
4. Marinate in marinade mixture for 15 minutes.
5. Layer wok with a piece of alumimium foil. Sprinkle with flour, sugar and tealeaves.
6. Steam eggs on steaming rack in the wok until you see smoke coming out from the sides of the wok. This should take about 5-8 minutes.
7. Slice eggs in half to serve.